We are always looking for a little extra help at our events, whether it be from volunteers looking to gain some experience and a bit of inside knowledge to groups or individuals looking to put on a workshop, we would love to hear from you. Inspire us! If you have an idea, want to create a mural or would like to make your mark on the event in some way, send us your thoughts!
event Volunteers needed
We are on the hunt for enthusiastic illustration lovers to help out at The London Illustration Fair 2016. Main duties include meeting and greeting visitors, selling tickets and artwork, managing a VIP guest list and flyering. This is a great opportunity to gain vital experience, knowledge and contacts within the professional role of illustration and the visual arts.
The fair will be open to the public on Thursday 1st – Sunday 4th December. We ask that all volunteers to be available to work a minimum 5x five hour shifts or two full days, over the course of the event. In exchange, we offer a good package to all interns who are able to help us.
If you would like to get involved and feel you fit the criteria, please fill out the form below.
Desired experience & qualities:
- Experience in customer service & retail (arts related desirable)
- Enthusiastic, personable, proactive, with a flexible approach to the working environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team
- A keen interest in illustration and graphic arts
- Sales and cash handing experience
Motivation + incentives:
- Free Illustration Fair Tote bag.
- Free print from one of our sponsoring exhibitors worth £30 (10 to choose from).
- Free lunch onsite at the London Illustration Fair, for volunteers working a full day.
- An excellent opportunity to meet industry experts and work closely with emerging artists.
- A great opportunity to gain valuable skills in arts/events management, visitor services and sales.
- A personalised reference for your CV or job application.
We are also looking for technical assistants for the set-up (Tuesday 29th, Wednesday 30th Nov and Monday 5th Dec). If you can handle a drill, can hang-up a picture frame and enjoy lifting large sheets of MDF up multiple flights of stairs, this is a great chance to earn yourself some direct hands on technical experience. For those that can help us two our of the three days will receive the same incentive package as above.